Saturday, March 01, 2008

Just Dealing

I guess you could say that I have never dealt with things in my life well. When the stress has gotten too strong, I just throw something more on my plate, making it so that the balance is just more out of control. I suppose that one day I will learn this careful balance of stress and life. Or perhaps, I have already begun.
The beginning of this semester took a huge toll on me, mentally, physically and emotionally. It has been a hard time of the year for me, seeing as it reminds me of my dad, but to add on three extra extracurriculars, and a full eighteen credit load, plus working in the lab...I realized, after having a headache everyday of the semester, that I just could not do it. I was pushing myself too hard, and was even finding myself hoping to injure myself so I wouldn't feel guilty skipping frisbee. So when all of this hit me, and I just couldn't handle it, I took a break.
So where am I now? Finding myself in a happier place, as I took away a class, and have just a little more time to go to disneyland, and love the people around me. I am back to doing the things I love, and have started to realize that while I care about others, I can't worry about the things I cannot change. Perhaps this isn't revolutionary to anyone else, but it has set my mind at ease, and has made me happier. Anyways, I am going to go enjoy a little more free time, but I love you all, and keep smiling, things will get better. In the words of Aubri "*Muah*"

3 Comments:

Blogger Bishop said...

You make me so happy. I miss you terrible dear child. uhg!!!

Oh and...

CONGRATS ON DROPPING A CLASS!!!!
I didn't think it could ever happen but low and behold...

WOOT WOOT!!!!

Love ya long time.
Muah!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Bishop said...

*terribly (I can spell... yay college student!)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

wow! so proud of you! for everything. im in agreeance with aubri on the dropping a class part and im proud of you for realizing this all on your own and taking more control of your life and making it better for yourself. ok, side note...is agreeance a word? can i say "im in agreeance with aubri"? or do i have to say "i agree with her" or "im in agreement with her"? i say its a word, but tamal challenged that the other day. i figured you might know. :D love ya babe!!!!!! miss ya and love ya much!! have fun at disneyland!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home