Monday, July 17, 2006

Highway of Life

It's always amazed me how powerful summer could be. I guess that many times we don't even notice it. It's kinda cool atcually. You can face the world all summer and redifine who you are, or stay the same. I guess I have decided to take the first road this summer, but perhaps this is without intention. I have wonderful friends, that I often feel I over rely on. I needed to fix that problem, so I have begun to hang out with others, the suprising thing is that becuase I have hung out with these others, I have had a new definition of myself brought into my life. In the short time that I have hung out with these people I have learned to be myself and relax. I have discovered that it is okay to just say what I think and that crazy looks come, but not all are to forbid or abandon what you have done. I have learned to do a cartwheel, and a handstand, although both still need quite a bit of work. I have learned, from a friend, how to drive a stick shift. And the fact that this friend willingly drove for half an hour to help me made me feel like maybe life's inconviniences are worth it. So after locking my keys in the car, haveing not one, but two cars break down on me, Sarah locking her keys in her car and being given a new step father, I believe that I have learned to step back, take a breath and be who I am with new people. Too bad I can't be exactly who I am with the old people yet...

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i ask why you feel that you cant be yourself around your old friends. they love you just as much for who you are not who you sometimes feel you should act like.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home