Monday, May 08, 2006

Love

I know that this is going to sound crazy but I think that I just understood the true meaning of love. Love is a concept, at least to my understanding that is thrown around far too easily. Many times we catch ourselves saying things like: I love milk or I love history. But the honest truth is that you don't love those things. No one that I know of would die for milk or history. People say that they love thing when they really mean that they like things. I however have finally come to understand that the deepest love (except for maybe Jesus's love) is between friends (counting Jesus as all of our older brother) I know many people would argue that the strongest love is through a family but some of the things that people have said and write to me have started to convince me other wise. Included are somethings that people have typed to me that mean so much more and cost the price of love that I could never repay.
You are one of those that has influenced me greatly, especially with my ultimate play. Because watching you at state last spring made me feel like, "wow could i do that" and now i try. ~Jeff Chandler
You are my Hero! ~Peter Qualtere-Burtcher
Your a great person. Love life, love yourself, love school, ( stay in school,), love Ultimate, <<< (i mean continue too,) love Aubri, and most of all, LOVE YEON! ~Yeon Choi
but i just wanted to tell you that i appreciate you and love you and want you to be happy, you are the best coach i've ever had and a really good friend, let other people help you out when you need it we want to it won't kill us i promise. you are super sexy, a really good, smart, productive,loveable, wanted person. ~Emily Skeen
I sometimes wish that I could help her with her problems, as I do for you too. Though I am one silly girl, I can be serious. I am a good advice-giver, and since your busy busy lives dont need any more build up as it is, know that I, Yeon Choi, will take some of that weight off your guy's shoulders. Tell Aubri I said that too. I love you guys. Dont fight. Stay in school. ~Yeon Choi
I know that these aren't the only things but this is what I found in five minutes. Just the realization and the purity that I find in these few simple sentances amazes me. I feel as if the world has been lifted up off of my shoulders when I look at what people have given me, not their friendship, time, advise or intelligence. But they have accually given me their love. A thing so emcompassing that the item can never be repaid or redestributed. It is something we can never take away from each other, only give and that is one of the most glorious things in life. Giving love is giving life. When you give someone your love, you give them your friendship, time, advise, intelligence and so much more. The lives that we all touch with simple kindness is felt in a love that is like a smouldering fire. Once that fire gets a little more fuel it gives more heat, and with more heat it is given more fuel. I guess that the true purpose of this post is to say that I know love, am blessed with love and pray that everyone will always know love. I hope that I pass on love to others and can be some of the fuel on that smouldering fire. I hope that we all love one another. We are so precious that it would be crazy not to love one another. May you be blessed with love, total and complete love- pure love.
With love, from me.

2 Comments:

Blogger yeon said...

Awww... you have two from me!! I love you! (Im not saying that like an "I love milk" statement.)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Gregorous_Maximus said...

You were my hero first!!!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home